“It is with a heavy, heavy heart that I write to ask your fervent and continual prayers for my dear brother and friend, Lorimer Arendse, who was diagnosed 2 days ago with Stage 4 Lung Cancer that has apparently spread “all over his body”.”
Last y’all heard I was pining away for a good snowfall to play in. This post is to tell you…I got one! Now I want a better one though. Several inches this time? Please?…. 🙂 .
But this post will also be giving you some other updates on my life currently.
I already did a post on Lucillian Photography called Snow Portraits which you can take a look at if you haven’t already. Here are some random ones that I’m pretty sure are NOT on my other blog.
p.s These are blissfully unedited 🙂 .
2. The ‘Horrors’ of High School.
I am balancing a fairly big workload right now in school. Thankfully, I have deadlines so I’m not stuck on one thing for forever.
Not pictured: several other things, the most notable of which is my math course for this year. I am NOT posting a picture of that 🙂 .
3. Taking Silhouette Photos.
One thing I am semi-obsessed with right now in photography- silhouettes. They’re not those impressive sunset silhouettes. They’re just window silhouettes. I’m only posting one of them because I want the rest for another post later on.
4. Blowing Things Up.
Now, lest you think I am secretly an atomic bomb keeper–I am speaking of accidentally blowing up a half-boiled egg in the microwave and having to clean up the colossal mess that ensued. 🙂
5. Shooting People While They Shoot Others.
This is another heading which could get me into ‘trouble’. But y’all know about the fun kids have shooting each other with Nerf guns?
6. My Mild Obsession With Photographing These Roses.
When our friends were over Mr. H bought his wife some roses. I was so thrilled as I love roses (yeah, they weren’t for me, lol.) because now I could take some photos. They actually lasted pretty long. The very last photo is the last photo I got to take of them before they met their demise 😦 .
I haven’t done this in a while. Shared a personal update…I’ve shared drawing updates and book reviews though 🙂 . I’m never too busy to draw or read, right? I mean…that simply isn’t possible! 🙂 *right*…
High School is keeping me busy. I am SO close to being done– except I’m not done. 😦 I am taking Geometry, The Creative Writer, Exploring Creation with Biology & Biology 101, and a big history/humanities course called Gileskirk. I have already taken Antiquity, Modernity, and American Culture. I am taking Christendom this year (just started!) which I am so far enjoying.
2. Competitions. As several of you already know…I have been involved in several competitions. I already mentioned the Tennessee Magazine Artist’s Palette…but the Putnam County Fair took more time by far. I literally prepare for that year round. I am so relieved that it’s over! *AHEM* Until next year, of course. Even now I am thinking of new crafts and projects/drawings to enter next year. I was able (Soli Deo Gloria 🙂 ) to bring in a good bit of money from that. I am very thankful for that because except birthdays…I don’t really get/make money. 😦
3. Writing, & Amateur Graphic Designing… In my free time I LOVE doing these! Oh yes. Writing is a part of me. I am so thankful that God gave me the gift of appreciating writing and reading. And in loving to write. Even if I don’t ever get published or show anyone…there’s something so right about me writing. It’s like putting my heart on paper. I know, it sounds cheesy. But I can’t really explain it any better. (click here to check out my writing blog!) Graphic designing…hmm. How did I get into that? Well…many of you are aware that I used to change blogs an awful L O T. That’s because I got bored of the design and theme of the blogs I used. So I switched to another one. But, that said–I got to practice designing headers, backgrounds, etc. That got me into quote graphics…and cover designing. My books always looked sad to me without covers. 😦 Here’s a sampling of my designing fun:
Well…I hope that was informative. What have y’all been up to?